94-95 mustang gt auto transmission - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-20-2010, 01:19 AM Thread Starter
5th Gear Poster

Send a message via MSN to 94fastbird
94-95 mustang gt auto transmission

can you jmod a 94-95 mustang gt transmission, i know its a aode, i'm doing some upgrades to my friends mustang before he comes back, putting a cam ported and polished heads, chip. and he was wanting to put in a b&m shift kit in his car, and i told him to steer away from that, i had one in my tbird and started to have nothing but problems. so i was wondering if i could do a jmod to his transmission, i'm capable of doing the work, that doesnt bother me, i'm just trying to help him out on performance wise. since i did get a complete 88 mustang all redone roller. so i figured i try and do what i can for his car.

Current Mods:
balanced & blueprinted block. by my dad & I @ (The Engine Shop INC.) i'm running manley forged i beam rods, forged manely .020 16cc dish pistons, forged 8 bolt crankshaft thats been polished, corba high volume oil pump, block has been align bored & decked. ported and polished early production heads, heads have been milled, 3 angle valve grind, ported exhaust manifolds, gasket matched intake, dual inlet dual outlet dynomax turbo muffler underseat with 3inch turndowns. transmission heavy duty clutches, b&m shift kit, frrp t lock with 373.
Future Mods:
pi swap with some comp cams and the new trickflow intake, high stall torque converter and mark 8 drive shaft, kooks 3/4 lenth headers and xcal2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-20-2010, 07:15 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Yup, it will work.

Darrin

01 F150 5.4L 4x4 and a 98 Mustang GT vert sitting engineless and without transmission or converter

All my vehicles tuned by BC Automotive (me)

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-28-2010, 05:36 AM
1st Gear Poster

I J-moded my 94 mustang. No problem, but...

Follow the directions carefully-I wouldn't go crazy and I would probably stick with the "mild" setting regardless of hp.

The 94/95 aode's have an intermediate one way "roller" clutch that is prone to failure.

In my particular case, my one way clutch was on its way out (I didn't know it at the time), and I tried a few simple things to address the minor issue I was having. While I was in the tranny I decided to go ahead and J-mod it. The day after the J-mod, 1 too many harsh shifts to 2nd finished it off and I ended up rebuilding my tranny (with the help of the fine folks here).

Its been over a year and 30K+ miles and still going strong...including the upgraded intermediate one way clutch and j-mod.

-Alan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in