Pulling transmission out. AGAIN! - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-19-2010, 08:23 AM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to 95xbird Send a message via MSN to 95xbird
Pulling transmission out. AGAIN!

For the last 5 years I've pulled my transmission out every season. Not because I love doing it but because I've had a problem every year. Well Honestly I thought I was going to get away with out pulling the transmission or the motor this year. Well I guess I was wrong. Last night I was taking an hour and a half drive to Jamestown NY taking my brother to pick up his new truck when I got a wild hair up my ass and decided to hit the GO pedal. Well the car accelerated and shifted flawlessly all the way up to xxxmph and I let it shift into OD. It shifted perfectly and I ran it for about 10mph more and then I got out of it. Now I've always noticed on my TC delayed on the lockout. I thought that it was just me but maybe this has been a slight problem the whole time and with that last WOT run it just did it in.

The car still shifts perfectly. Even shifts into OD without issue. The problem now is that the converter wont lock out in OD and delays lockout in 3rd for a long time. It will eventually lock in 3rd gear. Also under hard acceleration from a start the converter wont lock out till mid 1st gear. Its very noticeable. This is what makes me think it is strictly a converter issue. The transmission is only 2000 miles old and it was built per the tech articles by RobertP. So I am confident that the Transmission and OD band is ok giving the symptoms and who built it. The trans temp never gets about 160* with spirited driving and was very red and did not smell or look burned.

Also so everyone knows I am running Alans converter. And he builds a great product. In no way is this a workmanship issue. This piece took alot of abuse and honestly I dont think it was meant for the kinda power and RPM's I am throwing at it. Its an 11inch 3500 stall and thats all I know about it. When I got this from Alan 2+ years ago I didnt know I was going to be running a supercharger. So Alan, Dont think this is a jab at you. I really think its the converter and your input is appreciated. I will be buying another one from you regardless.

Figured I'd share what happened and try and get some input from the fellow members here. Your thoughts and opinions are welcomed and appreciated.

-Larry

04 PI swap,SVO Supercharger 8-9 psi,Alcohol injection,39lbs Cobra injectors,XCal2-Walbro 255 LPH fuel pump,4.10 T-Lok,2003 4R70W built to withstand by RobertP,450hp JMOD,3800 circleD stall,trucool 4739 Trans Cooler,Dynotech 3.5 Driveshaft,70mm T/B,SCP Cold Air Intake,90mm LMAF,JBA headers,Magnaflow Midmount,No cats with 3inch piping,Vogtland 1.6inch drop,Cobra R's and xenon body kit.

Its slow, Really.
LS1 KILLER
1995 svo Tbird. R.I.P.
Parts FOR SALE http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=132585
96 Pearl white bird. Awaiting transplants from the 95
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-19-2010, 10:09 AM
6th Gear Poster

Question

Coud this not be some of the sub-assemblies in your Main VB ?

GET OFF MY LAWN~! ... & Let's not forget guys... There's still a dead Imaginary Ex-Girlfriend out there...
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-19-2010, 01:54 PM
Seasoned Veteran Poster

If you sell the SVO..transmission problems go away. LOL :-)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in