Separator plate gaskets - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-29-2010, 04:08 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear Poster

Separator plate gaskets

I went to the ford dealer today to get seperator plate gaskets. the parts man told me the 7d100-a gaskets are obselete and no longer available. He gave me a 7d100-ab. will this work with modifications? and how much different is it?

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-29-2010, 05:55 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear Poster

nvm im lookin at pics. theyre completely different

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010, 05:24 AM
6th Gear Poster

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD. View Post
I went to the ford dealer today to get seperator plate gaskets. the parts man told me the 7d100-a gaskets are obselete and no longer available. He gave me a 7d100-ab. will this work with modifications? and how much different is it?
A Ford Parts guy should know what he's talking about ... I'm sure the Ford Parts guy will buy you a new Tranny if it blows... Hell it's only a 95 Tranny anyway so you could always experiment & report back.

But seriously I'm holding the 2 different gaskets in my hand - I'm told it won't work by local Parts Guru & I believe him:

7D100AB is for 2001 up THRU ??? 4r70w VB only - DEFINITELY not for 2000 & older 4r70w VB - Below is pic of
7D100AB showing one of the areas of difference where the small Pac Man Plate is deleted in 2001+ VB & Casting change deleted 2-3 Capacity Modulator Valve in corner of 2001+ VB... they added hole to Vent the void in 2001+ Casting - There are other changes around Main Regulator, ETC... as compared to PRE 2000 VB Gasket & probably more importantly the various PRE 2000 Seperator Plates & VB Castings & all the internal VB sub-assembly changes over the years.

7D100EA is good for 2000 & at least as far back as 96 4r70w VB but you'll want to verify that it's good for 95 - I think you'll find that it is.

They do ask for VB casting number sometimes as there are parts overlaps between Tranny years - Seems like there was VB Casting change in 96 as well as Tranny casting - Good stuff on casting changes here:
http://www.p71interceptor.com/

You oughta change the Top Gasket & the VB to Tranny Gasket also & Torque all carefully - Teeny VB Filter & VB Screen - 96+ Pan.

You have a Stock / Original 95 Tranny & VB right ??? - Frankly a 95 Tranny needs EVERYTHING upgraded so... ??? - 95 VB & Tranny could badly use some Sonnax parts & Hard Parts if you insist on beating an old horse:

http://www.sonnax.com/index.php

Best Tranny Parts guy in S.C. is @ PT in North Charleston - 843-747-5348

GET OFF MY LAWN~! ... & Let's not forget guys... There's still a dead Imaginary Ex-Girlfriend out there...

Last edited by BUCK; 11-02-2010 at 10:34 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in