Printing the 101's of AOD etc Tech Articles - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-13-2011, 02:12 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

Printing the 101's of AOD etc Tech Articles

I would love to print out the 17-18 (edit!) chapters that Jerry wrote up on the various aspects of the AODE transmissions, however, it looks like the format of the doc's are such to prevent this. I read that it helps to prevent "stealing" but is simply printing out the doc so that I can put it in my hard copy records a crime? (I know all about copyright laws....)

Actually I prefer to have paper in the garage to look at, vs a computer screen.....as dropping a wrench on a paper doc has less repercussions that dropping it on a laptop screen!! Much less expensive....and paper has the potential to last longer than websites....

Just wondering!

Thanks,
fm

Last edited by fastmerc; 09-13-2011 at 06:48 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-13-2011, 02:39 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
Its more like 100 pages for the entire 4r70w Thesis.

I still have a hard copy I recieved from J before it was published on these forums .. if I look hard enough, I might even have it in .doc format but its more like 100+ megs with the images.

You could always just print the screens, words might not be as clear but they should be readable.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-13-2011, 06:00 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
I typed it up manually some time ago, it came in at something like 40ish pages.

-Brandon
97 Laser Red Thunderbird LX 162k, Stage 2 4.6L 2v N/A | 300 BHP (255 RWHP, 290 RWTQ) | 13.95 @ 97.58 | Build details | Pics at the Lorain Assembly plant
98 Black Mark VIII 160k, stock daily driver
07 Redfire Fusion V6 SEL 178k, for the wife
Gone but not forgotten: 96 Mark VIII, 94 Cougar XR7, 93 Mark VIII

TCCoA's resident pilot since 2014
Once you have tasted flight, you will walk the world with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you long to return. -Leonardo da Vinci
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-13-2011, 06:52 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

SCT94

Yah I figured it would be large, but that's why I'd just print it out, staple it and drop it in my Ford binder of good stuff!

If you happen to come across it and can compress it (ZIP) to ship, that would be great. I'm not looking to turn it into a business....I hate auto trannies....but I tolerate manual ones.... I guess it was all that time under my back working on them in the driveway or garage..... The T-5's are a lot lighter than a Toploader or an old Borg Warner, and CERTAINLY lighter than a C6 or AOD!

If I had a nice lift....different story.....but that requires dynamite and a building permit...and the neighbor's lot..... which ain't gonna happen in my life!

Cheers!
fm

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in