Help Please - Transmission Problem!
Alright, a little history. This 95 tranny I did a j-mod to about 2 years ago; since then, a few things have happened.
1) Worked great for a long time after a j-mod and fill up with Merc-V.
2) I noticed it ran kind of hot (around 200*), but didn't worry about it.
3) It started vibrating a LOT and leaking fluid a LOT after about a year.
4) After putting probably a dozen cheap quarts of STP generic tranny fluid, I fixed the leak (the extension housing was falling off).
5) Tranny has been fine for a long time.
6) I went to Alabama and back - put about 750 miles non-stop on the car (before I left I checked the fluid, it looked a bit low, so I added some Merc V)
7) Almost home (about 30 miles left), it acted funny.
8) I took the car to town & back today (about 70 miles) and it's acting funny again.
What is acting funny? I'll tell you.....
It doesn't want to shift from 1-2, and when it finally does, it hits HARD (bang like hard).
After the harsh 1-2 shift, it ALWAYS has a hard time with the 2-3 shift. When it comes time to shift, the car acts like you hit the brakes, then finally 2-3 shifts very, very harsh (just like the 1-2 shift).
When the car shifts normal, it shifts normal with no problems, whenever it has the harsh 1-2 shift, it is ALWAYS followed by the harsh 2-3 shift. Sometimes when you leave a stop, it clicks loudly as you accelerate.
What is going on? I've got a 97 tranny, but can I just put new parts on the 97 valve body and install it unto my 95 tranny so I don't have to pull it?
Maybe a Sure-Cure kit? Or just Shift Solenoids & an EPC solenoid?
Last edited by NetKeym; 04-16-2012 at 07:21 PM.