blown trans in my 97 lx - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-09-2012, 11:11 AM Thread Starter

blown trans in my 97 lx

Ok so i have a 97 bird where i recently done a 4.6 swap and fixed all little issues here and there the car was running great until yesterday, i stopped at a red light and the car started to shudder when going from a stand still it did it again at the next light so i pulled over checked all my fluid levels and started the car again but now my car wont move at all... Ill put it in drive , 1st and 2nd manually and all i can hear is a slight whistle .. Put it in reverse and it moves no problem. Ive tried letting it hit up to 4000 rpm for a few seconds but car will not move at all. Im thinking a blown transmission but i didnt think it would happen instantly like that .. Also my o/d light is NOT on some people say look for a blinking od light but i can turn it on and off freely. Another guess would be my foward clutch plate due to the shuddering but either way i guessing a tranny drop? The transmission never had any issues prior to this just started everything lastnight..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-11-2012, 01:21 AM Thread Starter

Anyone? I pulled the tranny and all the fluids cleanim about to open it up but could it possibly be a sensor that would cause it to not kick into gear
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-11-2012, 09:12 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

The only sensor would be the main plug maybe being loose. I would think it should go into gear otherwise.

The only reason I didn't answer is because there are a few here that know more about the internal workings of this tranny than myself. I didn't have any good answers so I kept quiet.

~Rick

TCCoA Sig
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-11-2012, 12:13 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to RobertP
Good luck opening it up especially if u don't know what your doing or have the required special tools

www.robstireandauto.com for all your car needs and parts
95 bird corn powered 735rwhp and 580 tq
86 bird vortech s trim
10.75 @128.38
95 bird - Vortech t trim
9.98 worlds fastest IRS 4.6 thunderbird
1/8 [email protected]
10.11 @ 139.19 best mph
1.47 best 60ft if I can get a full pass with this 60ftt
All made possible with Braincoating'ôs ported manifolds
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-13-2012, 11:50 PM Thread Starter

Yeah well i ended up doing a trans swap and the new tran didnt even last 50 miles so im beginning to think its something with the computer because it was shifting extremely early then started slipping real bad now it wont actually kick into gear until about 2600 rpm im at a loss right now

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in