J-Mod link?? - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 06:21 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

J-Mod link??

Ok, just got the car back from having a rebuilt tranny and TC from a Lincoln MkVIII installed into the Cougar. Thoroughly impressed with the shifting now but realize I am missing something: the solid and firmer 1/2 shift that one experiences when doing the J-mod. Yes, I want to J-mod this tranny and... I know at one time there was a link floating around here that provided pics with detailed info on doing this job. I did it once before about 4 years ago with the old tranny; never thought I would do it again but, what can I say: I miss that firmer shift.

Yes - I know: 'search'. Still looking too. So many discussions about the J-mod but can't find that link I once found that came with pics and part numbers. Anyone know what link I am talking about?
Oh, and one more question. I believe there was a website that one could order pre-drilled seperator plates?? Am I wrong on this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 06:24 PM
Voice/Data Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wldcat8 View Post
Ok, just got the car back from having a rebuilt tranny and TC from a Lincoln MkVIII installed into the Cougar. Thoroughly impressed with the shifting now but realize I am missing something: the solid and firmer 1/2 shift that one experiences when doing the J-mod. Yes, I want to J-mod this tranny and... I know at one time there was a link floating around here that provided pics with detailed info on doing this job. I did it once before about 4 years ago with the old tranny; never thought I would do it again but, what can I say: I miss that firmer shift.

Yes - I know: 'search'. Still looking too. So many discussions about the J-mod but can't find that link I once found that came with pics and part numbers. Anyone know what link I am talking about?
Oh, and one more question. I believe there was a website that one could order pre-drilled seperator plates?? Am I wrong on this?
Contact RobertP on the boards here he can hook you up with the plate and other useful info

2017 Mustang GT 5.0L 2nd gen, cold air box,tune,6 speed auto,RGR 3.31, Magnaflow Tru X-pipe ,GT350RStrips
Gray Mustang Registry # 8582

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 06:30 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Check the first 4 links here: http://www.tccoa.com/articles/tranny/index.html

~Rick

TCCoA Sig
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 06:32 PM
Road warrior extrodinaire

Super Moderator

Garage
I think the links you're looking for are in the Technical articles under the Transmission section here:

http://www.tccoa.com/articles/tranny/index.html

Mods? Yea, I got mods ...
Air silencer delete, warp drive, dilithium crystals, flux capacitor, Slingshot Rubber band power adder, Moonshine & Gas, Leaf Blower Supercharger, Hamster Wheel & Hamster, Energizer Bunny generating 1.21 gigawatts, Mr. FusionŽ Home Energy Reactor, hover conversion and a sextant celestial navigation system (The original GPS)
Best 1/4: 1,320 nanoseconds @ 670,616,629.2 miles per hour

"There isn't that much difference anymore between spacecraft, aircraft and modern automobiles..." - Keith Henry, NASA's Langley Research Center
See a list of my real mods and pictures of my car HERE. The true performance of my car was made possible by the Carolinas Crew Chief, RobertP at Rob's Tire & Auto
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 06:33 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Beat you by .02, Trunk! lol

~Rick

TCCoA Sig
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 08:02 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

Stupid me. I never even considered looking into the tech articles. I got on here, went straight to the forum and began seaarching j-mod. I really amaze myself at times. Anyhow, appreciate pointing me where to go. Soon as I find free time I'll begin grabbing materials and then get back to doing this all over again.

((much to the woman's dismay. I spent money on having a tranny hauled out of a Lincoln, paid to have it rebuilt and then re-installed into the Cougar. SHE wanted me to buy a new Kia instead.))

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in