TCCoA Forums banner

will it work?

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  XR7-4.6 
#1 ·
I have been searching for a used trans for a while now.
Most
internet transmission builders" want a lot of money for a built unit.
I would be fine with a low-mile USED unit.
If I recall, a 99-01 Mustang transmission can be swapped in to my 1995 Mark VIII.
All I need to do is re-pin the connector, swap out the TCC for one for my model year car(then trim the tab down so it'll plug in to the circuit board) and use a Mark VIII/Marauder/Mach 1 torque converter.

is this right?

I found this locally and thought it might work

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/pts/4457059877.html

#2 ·
if your mark is obd2 and has a 4r70w and not an AODE then yes the trans will work with a re-pin AFAIK. The reason I say that is I don't know if the ecu for the AODE can run the electronics in the 4r70 or not. don't get a used transmission from a mustang, they are the most likely culprits to have had the **** beat out of them

#4 ·
PS, whenever anyone says "Marauder torque converter" that is really false. The factory Marauder torque converter is the same as any 11.25" torque converter.......the only reason the Marauder converter stalls higher is because the Marauder's 4v 4.6 has more power than a 2v 4.6.

HPP "Handling & Performance Package" cars as well as Police Interceptors and Marauders all came with 11.25" torque converters.

For Crown Victoria, Grand Marquis, the only other alternative for base model was the lower stall 12" torque converter.

Not sure about Town Car and what they received. Probably 12" units as well. I do believe Town Cars generally received different rear gear ratios than base model Crown Victoria and Grand Marquis, though. Late model Town Cars may have possibly used 3.08 whereas Crown Victoria and Grand Marquis used 2.73, due to drive shaft harmonics with the longer body of the Town car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.