AODE thrust washer? - TCCoA Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-26-2016, 02:31 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 60
AODE thrust washer?

Hi I have an aode from my 94 Mustang GT I'm in the process of finishing up rebuilding and there's not pump thrust washer wondering how I determine which one I need? Thanks in advance!
godfearingman is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-27-2016, 11:28 AM
4th Gear Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: mishawaka Indiana
Age: 52
Posts: 204
trusted washer

The trust washer is located under the pump and is color coded.
You net a depth gauge and gauge bar to determine which color washer
you need

I can give you more specific's on it tonight I did all that before,it takes some ingenuity to get it right

Talk to you later😉
Bad-Hoschy is offline  
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-27-2016, 04:43 PM
4th Gear Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: mishawaka Indiana
Age: 52
Posts: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by godfearingman View Post
Hi I have an aode from my 94 Mustang GT I'm in the process of finishing up rebuilding and there's not pump thrust washer wondering how I determine which one I need? Thanks in advance!
This is how the trust washers look like:AOD Fiod Aode 4R70W Thrust Washer Kit with Selectives 1980 on 6 Piece Set New | eBay

and this is a depth gauge : Mitutoyo 12" Vernier Dept Gauge 527 This Is inch Excellant L K | eBay

but you can use a caliper too, digital preferable and you need a gauge bar, the ford gauge bar for aod/aode/4r70w is 9.120" x 0.700" x 0.700" ,so here comes the ingenuity handy, try something like 0.75 square steel x 9 1/8" long and substract the 1/2" from it. it will give you a range of which color trust washer to use. If you have questions still just post i will get back with you asap i can. oh just found this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-End-Pla...ObthhA&vxp=mtr


so long

hoschy

Last edited by Bad-Hoschy; 06-27-2016 at 04:45 PM. Reason: found more information
Bad-Hoschy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-27-2016, 10:49 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad-Hoschy View Post
This is how the trust washers look like:AOD Fiod Aode 4R70W Thrust Washer Kit with Selectives 1980 on 6 Piece Set New | eBay

and this is a depth gauge : Mitutoyo 12" Vernier Dept Gauge 527 This Is inch Excellant L K | eBay

but you can use a caliper too, digital preferable and you need a gauge bar, the ford gauge bar for aod/aode/4r70w is 9.120" x 0.700" x 0.700" ,so here comes the ingenuity handy, try something like 0.75 square steel x 9 1/8" long and substract the 1/2" from it. it will give you a range of which color trust washer to use. If you have questions still just post i will get back with you asap i can. oh just found this:
Ford End Play CLEARANCE Gauge Transmission Tool AOD AOD E 4R70W T 1643 | eBay


so long

hoschy
Don't have the money for the tools to do it with especially for one time use like that
godfearingman is offline  
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-28-2016, 06:03 AM
Seasoned PostWhore
 
bowez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: NEAR
Posts: 2,472
Harbor Freight might have a Caliper or Depth Gauge that will work.

If all else fails get a bigger hammer!

93 SC Tbird
MPII w/ Plenum,90mm MAF, 85mm TB, 40# Injectors, 255 lph FP, Double IC w/fan, SCT Chip (Tuned by Jerry),3/4" Raised Top, F52-TT TC, SilverFox AOD 550, SPT-R VB
96 1/2 XR7 Sold and Salvaged
93 5.0 Tbird
bowez is offline  
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-28-2016, 04:20 PM
4th Gear Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: mishawaka Indiana
Age: 52
Posts: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by godfearingman View Post
Don't have the money for the tools to do it with especially for one time use like that
nobody said a word from buying,these are just examples what is needed ,i have mine done with a bar and a digital caliper
Bad-Hoschy is offline  
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-03-2016, 08:10 AM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 60
The man in the rebuild tells how to measure the end play with a feeler gauge I think I"ll be able to figure it out I know this is off the topic I hate to start multiple posts for the same transmission. The man from the videos says to replace the 1-2 and 2-3 accumulators and piston no matter what and had a buddy say I need to replace them and the overdrive and reverse servos do I need to replace them all?
godfearingman is offline  
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-05-2016, 07:10 AM
Seasoned PostWhore
 
Darrin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Camby, IN 46113
Age: 54
Posts: 2,976
Quote:
Originally Posted by godfearingman View Post
The man in the rebuild tells how to measure the end play with a feeler gauge I think I"ll be able to figure it out I know this is off the topic I hate to start multiple posts for the same transmission. The man from the videos says to replace the 1-2 and 2-3 accumulators and piston no matter what and had a buddy say I need to replace them and the overdrive and reverse servos do I need to replace them all?
What man in what video? I need to see that.

D

01 F150 5.4L 4x4 and a 98 Mustang GT vert sitting engineless and without transmission or converter


All my vehicles tuned by BC Automotive (me)

Darrin is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome