TCCoA Forums banner

4r70w, p0707

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Djose13 
#1 ·
So, I'm beginning to lose a little patience with my 'bird...

I'm in the process of having it tuned by Don, and am now at the point that it needs loaded tests (after dealing with a bank-to-bank fueling disagreement issue). I've only got until October to get this car completely dialed-in before time is up.

Problem is, I'm now on my 2nd MLPS with my 2nd round of P0707 (circuit A low voltage) throwing a wrench in the whole plan.

Was driving the car fine few weeks ago, then got hit with the first P0707. Symptom was blinking OD light and car would drop 3rd / limp home mode.

Replaced that MLPS, problem disappeared until yesterday when the P0707 showed up again and this time, while driving home from work today, car dropped 3rd briefly then reverted to full limp-home mode with only 2nd gear active. Total time between sensors was about two weeks.

Does this sound like a bad MLPS again, or do I need to look elsewhere? It's the Standard Motor Products part# NS95, exact same one AZ and Oh-Really sells. What are the chances they're getting cooked from the long-tubes?

See less See more
#2 ·
Any chance the wires are cooking instead?

Low voltage sounds like a wire melting, and touching somewhere.

Put a foil shield between it and the LT, or a sheet of aluminum that doesn't touch either part.

Two spaced layers of aluminum foil, even, will help.

Radiated heat can be hellacious.

Even just the bright silver tape applied to the mlps will help.

#3 ·
More likely that the wiring itself is fried / seen better days. You would need to use a volt meter to determine the voltage at the MLPS and the PCM connector. Maybe an amperage test to determine if the wire itself is capable of supplying the voltage through the entire circuit.

Cant say much about an aftermarket part .. sometimes those are hit and miss, but two times in a row id lean more towards bad wiring versus a bad sensor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.