4r70w conversion-big problems - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-15-2005, 09:24 AM Thread Starter

4r70w conversion-big problems

hey guys-this site is a great resource, im hoping to have some insight on a problem im having-so here goes-i have some problems 4r70w swap i did. the car is a 94 mustang, came with an aode-i repinned the harness (yes-i did it correctly-i realized that the one plug in the tutorial was backwards) changed the mlps sensor, and changed the tcc solenoid (had to cut the plastic plug off to make it fit in the new board) the main issue was that i had the tps sensor leads reversed (long story, was wiring an sc engine in it and prior attempts left a wiring nightmare), so the signal was inverted. the car would shift, just not correctly-at wot it thought the throttle was closed, so very little line pressure, but off idle it was through the roof-we realized this when we brought it to justin (velocity mustang-great guy, very patient) and corrected it. the problem now is this-with stock tune it shifted fairly well, but with any sort of tune wouldnt come out of second-now, the car wont come out of second at all-itll shift 1st, 2nd GREAT, but when it goes to 3rd its almost as its in neutral-id like to know if we toasted the tranny by having the tps sensor wrong, or if its possible that maybe one of the sensors or solenoids is shot inside the trans-what do you guys think? thanks, Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-15-2005, 10:01 AM
3rd Gear Chirper

So you have NO third gear unless you revert back to the stock tune is what you're saying? And 3rd gear will hold torque and up/down shift fine, without slipping/flaring?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-15-2005, 04:26 PM Thread Starter

that was the case-but now there is no 3rd or 4th either way-Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-15-2005, 05:48 PM
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher

From your description-it sounds like the direct clutch is toast. WOT upshifts with low or no EPC pressure is bad...really bad.
JL

1997 Thunderbird-4.6L/[email protected]
'05 F250 Crewcab 2WD-6.8L V10/5R110/4.10
2010 Lincoln MKT-3.5L EcoBoost V6/[email protected] stock
Fuelly

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in