Great 4R70W Parts source... Hard Parts - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-18-2006, 02:26 PM Thread Starter

Great 4R70W Parts source... Hard Parts

Hey guys,

I finally got my last piece from this guy.. He is great.

I was going through all the information on this site (thanks guys!) and I decided to get a post 99 valve body, to try and make a "bullet-proof" 4R70W, so I ordered a valve body from this guy, well the first one comes, and it is clearly too old, so I write him, and he sends me a newer one, however, it didn't have the circuit board harness on it, so instead of asking him to send me another one, or a circuit board, I got fed up with it, and didn't write him back... so instead a week ago, he writes me back to make sure everything was good, and I tell him about the trouble... well, today in the mail is a new valvebody with the circuit board harness!! This guy went over the top to make sure I was happy.

He tells me his guys tear down over 200 transmissions a day, so there are plenty of parts if you need anything, and from most any transmission you can think of.... I also got a reverse drum with the mechanical diode from him for $40 (same part on Baumann's site for $150). Mine is used of course, but very rebuildable...

Anyway, this guy contact information is below, if you need a transmission part, I would check with him... he doesn't know the transmissions in and out himself, so if you can give him help with what you need, he will get it!

Greg Brant
GLB Transmissions
4421 Casa Verde Dr.
Ft. Wayne, IN 46816

email: [email protected]
Ebay ID: angelfish20_0

Like I said, if any of you need anything for a transmission, go to him... hard parts at a steal of a price... Would be a great resource for low gearsets for an AOD, or the reverse drum upgrades...

Have a good one!

Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-18-2006, 02:58 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Yes, I know who that is. I have to say that my experience and opinion differ. Not nearly as bad as a guy in Florida that I have dealt with though
Darrin

01 F150 5.4L 4x4 and a 98 Mustang GT vert sitting engineless and without transmission or converter

All my vehicles tuned by BC Automotive (me)

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-18-2006, 03:06 PM Thread Starter

I guess, I am just sharing my opinion on the guy. I was pretty unhappy before, even though I got the good deal on the reverse drum, but then when he came through with the last valve body, I was impressed.... Maybe he is doing better now?? I don't know what your experience was, so I can't comment, I don't know him personally either, so don't take it that I know the guy or something...

Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-18-2006, 03:17 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

I buy a lot of parts and I need reputable and very dependable people to deal with. Thats a very hard thing to find. I didn't find it there is all I am saying.
Darrin

01 F150 5.4L 4x4 and a 98 Mustang GT vert sitting engineless and without transmission or converter

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-18-2006, 03:46 PM

Send a message via AIM to JustinH
i've gotten some good deals from bulkpart.com
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-18-2006, 03:57 PM
Converter Guy

Send a message via Yahoo to dirtyd0g
Bulkpart doesn't carry everything and their prices aren't the best either.
Alan

DirtyDog Performance.Com
Proud sponsor of the SC/XR7 Shootout and Joel Bender Memorial Nats

Please do not send me messages on forums they are too hard to keep up with and I don't check in very often anymore call me at 513 898-1580 or email me alan at dirtydogperformance.com
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-18-2006, 04:48 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

There are some good places and people out there, but you have to be very carfeful. Some get good deals from some and some don't. Its just hard to know what you will end up with when it comes to buying used parts. I have resorted to getting mine from a company my supplier works with. The stuff is immacualate but it costs me more. The trade off is that it is good stuff, I actually get what I order and most of the time I get it next day.
The one good thing about bulkpart is that the parts are new so that at least takes care of that part of the problem.
Darrin

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-18-2006, 04:49 PM
Converter Guy

Send a message via Yahoo to dirtyd0g
yeah until you get a brand new sungear made in korea that is worn out worse than the original in a few thousand miles.
Alan

DirtyDog Performance.Com
Proud sponsor of the SC/XR7 Shootout and Joel Bender Memorial Nats

Please do not send me messages on forums they are too hard to keep up with and I don't check in very often anymore call me at 513 898-1580 or email me alan at dirtydogperformance.com
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-18-2006, 05:34 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Well hey, at least it was new and actually fit. Thats better than some of the stuff I have gotten.
Darrin

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in