95 bird w/ 01 gt 4r70w question. - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-12-2006, 11:37 PM Thread Starter

Question 95 bird w/ 01 gt 4r70w question.

I have a 1995 bird 4.6 w/ a 01 mustang gt 4r70w. these are my questions. first when i clipped on my shift cable I put it to the end of its adj. slot and it clipped on just fine. lined up perfect in park. I heard that everybody has to modify this by swapping the lever or slotting the hole a little. Will it harm anything the way I have it? Second I was told that I needed to check the resistance between the shift solonoids on both trannys, if they were the same I was good. If they were different i needed to swap them. They were the same 25 &50 ohms I think so I left them. Now I read a post on here that said the tourqe conv. clutch must be swapped because they were specific to 94-95 but the poster wasnt sure. didnt know that so i left it. Also my speedo is off a bit. with 3.27 gears the same thread said I want to use the 21 tooth purple gear to get it right. I drove it for the first time today a put a relitively gentle 50 miles on it and other than the speedo it worked great, with two exceptions. twice it wanted to hold second gear to long and not let go, but only twice. Then somtimes it seems to hunt for its gear but that was kinda rare to. its also my experence that these trannys are sensitive to this. It also seems like it might be dragging a little when i let off the gas but I cant really tell. It ran pretty rough before the swap. It might be worth noting that it also has a 01 gt motor with stock calibration (no chip) . Before i did the swap my original 95 4.6 w/ 210,000 miles had a check engine light. After about 20. min of run time after the swap it threw it again. I wont have access to a scanner untill this weekend and I need to take this thing to work tomarrow. But I can say this that for the last 50,000 miles that exhaust was being basted w/ coolant for my leaky head 95 4.6. changed the o2s about 3-4 years ago but they didnt look to good. wont know till i get that code reader and osiliscope. I just want to know about this TCC and VSS gear. I really have no money and the car that i was riding during the birds downtime is on its last leg. This tranny is brand spanking new. It was sitting for five years with no miles on it and I cant afford to break it. I learned alot from this site, and the info is priceless, it just fustrating sometimes when i get 10 different responces & PMs w/ 10 different answers. it just adds to the confusion and i cant afford to chase ghosts. So if any one knows who is the 4r70 master around here let me know so i can PM him or her. P.S. the car runs good and shifts solid. it was just a couple of times that it acted funny. I was hoping that it applied a different stragety and seen that it didnt work so the PCM changed it. cause i know it still working out of P1000 and i havent went WOT, do i need to adj. the TPS. dont think so. but there aint to many inputs that the trans needs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-12-2006, 11:54 PM Thread Starter

also

also the gt trans has all the bird sensors and MPLS (I think thats what u call it, the gear selector box on the left side of the trans tha I call a range sensor) on it and i repinned the connector.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-13-2006, 08:22 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

WOW! That was hard to read with all those words bunched up together. LOL
Ok, you need a TCC from a 95. Not installing one could be bad. You also need a new MLPS. Go to Autozone and get that. They call it a neutral safety switch. Its less than $30. Install that and adjust it properly.
For the TCC either re-use your old one from the 95 trans or go to Ford and get a new one.
Darrin

01 F150 5.4L 4x4 and a 98 Mustang GT vert sitting engineless and without transmission or converter

All my vehicles tuned by BC Automotive (me)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in