4R70W Transgo - who has had one go the longest? - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 04:51 PM Thread Starter
PostWhore

4R70W Transgo - who has had one go the longest?

4R70W with a Transgo shift kit - who has had one go the longest? I installed one before I ever heard about Jerry or Tccoa, right now at 25K on shift kit and 143K on tranny with no problems (knock on wood) What typically fails as a result of this shift kit?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 05:06 PM

geesh im going to be installing one in my bird ...with all the negative response from people ..im looking to get another tranny for back up just in case ...what kind of performance did you get from the transgo?
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 05:39 PM
PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by C F I FLY
geesh im going to be installing one in my bird ...with all the negative response from people ..im looking to get another tranny for back up just in case ...what kind of performance did you get from the transgo?
why not just jmod the trans, or buy a pre jmodded separator plate from darrin?

2007 White Ford Focus SE ZX3 Hatchback (The new driver)
1997 Alpine Green 4.6L Bird (SOLD!)

Mods:
Removed Air silencer, Clear Corners, Silverstar headlights and corner lights, Moroso Bluemax Spiral Core wires, Custom 3" Magnaflow exhaust with 2.5" Y-Pipe, 300-450 HP J-mod Kit by dirtyd0g , Hayden 30k GVWR Trans Cooler, Sport Front Suspension, 03-04 Cobra Rear Shocks, PBR Front Brake Swap, Xcal 2 by Lonnie @ Blueovalchips.com, 22C plugs, 180F T-stat, 02GT MAF/Airbox with K&N Drop in, Griffin Radiator, Cobra Water Pump
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 10:02 AM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by C F I FLY

1-2 is a much harder shift than the rest part throttle, otherwise I have zero complaints, I have had no problems so far, but my car is really mild.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 10:15 AM
Seasoned Veteran Poster

I ran a Trans-Go kit in my car for years before my trans suffered an unrelated failure. I never had any complaints about it, despite the bad press. I J-modded the trans I built to replace it though.

Mike

- DOHC 4.6
- 4.56 Trac-Loc
- DirtyDog Converter (3,800)
- SCT Micro Tuner from Blue Oval Chips
- 13.24 @ 103mph

ToombsRacing.com
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 10:44 AM
4th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to TbirdSims
trans go is the worst, used it when i had my trans rebuilt, the tranny shop put it in and i had all kinds of shifting problems due to it, it would slip bad going into 2nd when it was about to slam into gear it would go into neutral, they they " fixed it" and put a stage 2 kit in shifted harder but did the same thing, i got sick of it after a few months of this constantly going on and losing races because of it and just ripped it out and got the Performance Automatic VB, and with a hypertech chip i was barking 2nd and chirping 3rd : D and never ahd that kind of problem again, it was night and day, but i say NO to TRANS-Stop

Hayden Trans Cooler, R2C Cold Air intake, BBK Tuned Shortie Headers, Pypes High Flow Cats, Flowmaster 40's, SCT VMP Custom Tune, 06 spinner center caps, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler, Smoked Fogs, Blackout headlight covers, 8000K HID Headlights, Sequential Tails.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 01:35 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to The Great Obucina
Quote:
Originally Posted by TbirdSims
trans go is the worst, used it when i had my trans rebuilt, the tranny shop put it in and i had all kinds of shifting problems due to it, it would slip bad going into 2nd when it was about to slam into gear it would go into neutral, they they " fixed it" and put a stage 2 kit in shifted harder but did the same thing, i got sick of it after a few months of this constantly going on and losing races because of it and just ripped it out and got the Performance Automatic VB, and with a hypertech chip i was barking 2nd and chirping 3rd : D and never ahd that kind of problem again, it was night and day, but i say NO to TRANS-Stop
a PA valvebody and Hypertech chip wouldnt be doing any better.

"Booyah". Stu Scott.
1996 Braincoated, all Aluminum PI powered and obscenely loud Pearl White Tbird [email protected] AKA Dyrdek.
2013 Black on black FX2 Supercrew Ecoboost F150. Roll onto the scene with the ceiling missing.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 01:43 PM

i put a trans go shift kit in my 94 and abuot 10k miles later bye bye

but its all good, cuz now i gots me a SC
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 03:11 PM
4th Gear Poster

are you kidding? as soon as i got rid of the trans-go kit and got the pa vb i never had another problem with the tranny

Hayden Trans Cooler, R2C Cold Air intake, BBK Tuned Shortie Headers, Pypes High Flow Cats, Flowmaster 40's, SCT VMP Custom Tune, 06 spinner center caps, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler, Smoked Fogs, Blackout headlight covers, 8000K HID Headlights, Sequential Tails.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 03:26 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to The Great Obucina
Quote:
Originally Posted by TbirdSims
are you kidding? as soon as i got rid of the trans-go kit and got the pa vb i never had another problem with the tranny

do i sound like im kidding....i guess doing the j-mod was just to cheap compared to the PA valvebody.

"Booyah". Stu Scott.
1996 Braincoated, all Aluminum PI powered and obscenely loud Pearl White Tbird [email protected] AKA Dyrdek.
2013 Black on black FX2 Supercrew Ecoboost F150. Roll onto the scene with the ceiling missing.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 04:55 PM
Veteran Poster

theres one in my car from the previous owner and it apparently went in when the trans was re-built the tras acts funny from time to time like not wanting to shift out of 1st,it'll keep going until i left off the gas and my car wont chirp second anymore but ill chock that up to the 142,000 miles on the car and not the trans
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 10:20 PM
4th Gear Poster

they way you make it sound is that the pa valve body is just as bad as the trans go, well from personal experience its it was 10X better, the shop kept the stock plates so i coulndt even do the j-mod, and figured well why not just buy the whole friggen thing, it worked better than the trans go and prolly just as well as the j-mod, but instead i spent more to get the valve body big whoopie

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-20-2006, 01:41 PM
Veteran Poster

There is always the rule of thumb....it is 90% installer/builder and 10% parts......not saying you did or did not do a good job - but the Trashgo kit is a no no for the 4R from just the mass of folks with problems....but you have to take opinions with a grain of salt also........but there has been alot of salt flying over thier kits

------------------------- Dan Gilsdorf ---------------------------
www.Silverfoxtrans.com
www.clickclickracing.com
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-20-2006, 03:34 PM
4th Gear Poster

well i didnt install the kit the shop that rebuilt my tranny did, and they tried to fix it multiple times and it never worked right, i got the vb and all problems stoped is what i was saying, the trans go for me didnt work and woulndt tell anyone to get it,

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in