4r70w manual valvebody? - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 12:32 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

Question 4r70w manual valvebody?

Hello,

Im new here to this forum, i have been looking around for about a month and you guys are by far the most helpfull community ive ever found. Well to cut to the chase im been looking around for a manual valvebody withought much luck, or somewhere i can buy an already set up or modded valvebody, i was looking at Performance automatic's street strip bodies, part number PA45301E which says is for 92-95 aode trannies, i have no clue if that could work with the 4r70w because i thought the 4r70w was an aode. I would like to jmod my own but i dont feel like risking anything, since my valvebody tends to buzz prety loud already, and figured i should just get a new upgraded unit.well if anyone has any insight please chime in.thanks .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 12:42 PM
6th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to wether
I would get in touch with Darrin as he has already modified VB's for 4R70W's available that he gladdly sells. His website is http://www.bc-automotive.com/ or just look up "Darrin" from the Members List. He is a great guy and you can't go wrong with his advice and products!

Currently In the Short Bus Garage:
2 - '94 T-bird LX's 4.6L (one with 300,000+ miles and one with 200,000+ miles)
1 - '97 Mark VIII LSC - INTECH V8 (120,000+ miles)
1 - '97 F150 XLT 4x4 Flareside, 4.6L (130,000+ miles) - Currently being dismantled and rebuilt with upgrades!
1 - '00 Mustang GT (likes to accelerate with the brake on!), 4.6L (60,000+ miles - only comes out when I need to get somewhere fast.)

oh yeah, and they all have 4R70W's
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 01:40 PM
5th Gear Poster

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by wether
I would get in touch with Darrin as he has already modified VB's for 4R70W's available that he gladdly sells. His website is http://www.bc-automotive.com/ or just look up "Darrin" from the Members List. He is a great guy and you can't go wrong with his advice and products!
i have it and love it Darrin is great guy to buy from.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 01:58 PM

I've got the Lentech manual VB with transbrake. I did a AODE to 4r70w tranny swap too.

PA45301E is not a full manual VB I don't think. I think Lentech and PA put out a full manual, as well as ArtCarr possibly. All the research I've done, Lentech is the best, but cost way too much. I bought mine used. It think pretty much all full manual VB are fixed line pressure, which isn't the best for the street. Unless you particularly want a full manual VB for hard core street use, I'd stick to a regular style adjustable line pressure unit VB for street use.

The AODE and 4r70w are similiar, the main difference is the gear ratio's used. There is tons of info about that throughout this site.

DirtyDog and Darrin know a ton about that stuff.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 04:58 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

i had dirtyd0g install a lentech autoshift valve body with trans brake into the trans he built me. currently still trying to get the car to run right so no exprience on this yet.

CMP Drag Racing
best ET: 12.410 -- best MPH: 107.61
NMRA MM7270 -- NMCA EFI/? ????
Thank you to the CMP Drag Racing team: Tony, Doug, Maryann, Dale, Paul and Chris.

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidl340
I've got the Lentech manual VB with transbrake. I did a AODE to 4r70w tranny swap too.

PA45301E is not a full manual VB I don't think. I think Lentech and PA put out a full manual, as well as ArtCarr possibly. All the research I've done, Lentech is the best, but cost way too much. I bought mine used. It think pretty much all full manual VB are fixed line pressure, which isn't the best for the street. Unless you particularly want a full manual VB for hard core street use, I'd stick to a regular style adjustable line pressure unit VB for street use.

The AODE and 4r70w are similiar, the main difference is the gear ratio's used. There is tons of info about that throughout this site.

DirtyDog and Darrin know a ton about that stuff.
why did you go with a tranny from a 3.8? any special reason?

Last edited by Black4point6; 10-11-2006 at 05:49 PM.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 05:25 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8_tbird
why did you go with a tranny from a 3.8? and special reason?

cause the bellhousing bolts match?

CMP Drag Racing
best ET: 12.410 -- best MPH: 107.61
NMRA MM7270 -- NMCA EFI/? ????
Thank you to the CMP Drag Racing team: Tony, Doug, Maryann, Dale, Paul and Chris.

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 05:49 PM

oh lol good call on that.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VicRattlehead
cause the bellhousing bolts match?
That's it, had the 5.0 bolt pattern. That, and it was cheap, somewhere around $275 shipped with I think around 15K miles or something.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 06:48 PM

i was thinking in 4.6 but forgot the mustang didnt get 4.6 until 96. my bad.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in