TCCoA Forums banner

striping ideas

3K views 32 replies 15 participants last post by  JonnyReb 
#1 ·
I was chatting with my girlfriends daughter last night, talking about what happened to the car and showing her the picture of the red one I hope to get.

She said she really liked the Blue one better (she doesn't like red) and asked if I was going to paint it blue and put the LE stripe on it cause she really liked that my car was a Limited Edition (I never knew that about her, she's 14 and I didn't think she gave my car a second thought!).

Anyway, we got to talking about that stripe and I said I could put a silver stripe on it like the LE had, but couldn't put "Limited Edition" on it like the blue one had cause it wasn't an LE. Then we started getting goofy and talking about putting her name there, or her moms name there...... and that made me think.

I could put a silver LE type stripe on the car and I could make it say pretty much whatever I wanted it to say.

How about a silver LE type stripe done with reflective 3M tape. And where the LE said "Limited Edition" it could say "Thunderbird GT" or something to that effect as I do plan on putting GT type PI parts on it. Too ricey? It wouldn't stand out any more than the LE stripe stood out.

See less See more
#28 ·
Well, after rolling out the 3M tape and measuring it, we found that I didn't have enough to do the entire car. So I'm going with some silver metallic tape that he has in stock. It looks good, just doens't "light up" like the 3M stuff.

#31 ·
While you're at it, answer this: How was the color of the stripe determined originally? Based on car color? Buyer selection? or what else? Thanks
I'm not sure, but I've seen a few different combinations. So I think it was buyer selection. Could be wrong though. CobraRThunder knows more about that than I do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.