TCCoA Forums banner

Howard Park In Tarpon Springs

7K views 58 replies 9 participants last post by  91bluecoupe 
#1 ·
Setting up a meet in Howard Park in Tarpon Springs with some guys on the lincoln site and since I have a T-Bird and a Mark VIII we decided that all should come to enjoy there is plenty of room for parking and There are pavillions with picnic tables, on site charcoal grills, a huge kids park with slides and swings and all kinds of stuff for kids to play on, public beach, tons of parking and shade. We'll have a cookout all you have to do is bring some food, drinks, i can get ice and will have some food already as well as soda's, waters, stuff like that. So Lets do this! Here is the post for the other site http://www.markviii.org/htdocs/dc/d...pic&forum=16&topic_id=8875&mesg_id=8875&page= if you wana see whats being discused over there~!

#2 ·
That's literally 10 minutes from my house. Let me know the exact date and time and I'll be there, maybe with both cars. Let me know.

#4 ·
I am interested. Sounds like fun!

Brad

#5 ·
Brad where in Dunedin do you live? It's nice to know someone else from our small town is on here. I'm off of CR1 and Main.

#6 ·
Off CR1 just south of Beltrees, west side. We can probably walk out our doors and yell at each other.

Brad

#7 ·
Brad, IDK if you've seen me around or not. I've got an Alpine Green 97 LE Sport, and a 95 T-Bird, white with dark Tint and Joel B. racing logo and for sale signs

#8 ·
I've seen the white one. Probably because of the logo that I remember it. I don't get out alot because I work at home from 3am to 1-2pm daily. My "evenings" are about the worst time to drive around here. :D

Brad

#10 ·
Where is Beltress and CR1 at? I only know of where Beltrees and Patricia meet, by the middle school.

#11 ·
CR1 is Keene Rd. Beltrees is 2 lights south of Main (580). I live in the condo just past the intersection on the right heading south. Next light is Union.

Brad

#12 · (Edited)
Ahh yes, I know where that is.

I was actually just over there yesterday on my friends property, but our potato launcher FAILED.

#16 · (Edited)
Guarandamtee you my water ballon launcher will take out your potato launcher. (plus evidence is harder to find, busted a fence at a 100 yards, didn't have to confess)

Brad

#15 ·
Best date yet! I'll be there. My kids were really pissed I was going to a "TBird" event on my birthday (24th) and making them wait. They really don't understand. I know they were planning to take to me to Chucky Cheese to pay me back! Now I guess I'll have to fake a business trip for the 24th but KeyWest is nice and restful that time of year. They already resent the TBird enough. (spending there inheritance) :rofl:

Dad at 55 (75,95,115, my God Dad "LET OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!")
Brad

#14 ·
Ew a Sunday. I'll probably be there :)

#20 ·
I put a link at the start of this thread already! But every bit helps when it comes to geting a meet together around here! And I'm in for the pre meet before howard park to get something to eat for breakfast!

#21 ·
What day?

#22 ·
Date changed final time this date is set in stone! July 1st from Noon til whenever!
Posted it a couple up from yours It's on a Sunday

#24 ·
As far as when to meet for breakfast, I was thinking around 8ish. That'll give us two hours to sit down, eat, and hang out before heading out around 10. (Google Earth clocks the trip from my house to Howard Park at around 2 hours and some change.)

Where? I'm open to ideas from anyone local who has them. There's always the usual chains nearby (IHOP, Waffle House, etc) but I was wondering if maybe someone knew a place that was a little more unique which would be open that early for breakfast.

#25 ·
How do you guys feel about TooJay's for breakfast? A friend of mine at work recommended them, and there's one on Dr. Phillip's Blvd just off of Sand Lake road. They open at 8 and aren't even a mile from I-4. Estimated travel time on Google Earth from there to Howard Park is 2 hours, 8 minutes.

#27 ·
July 1st Marc.

#29 ·
Okay, here's who I've got attending so far, from the threads on each forum. An asterisk is next to the people who have expressed interest in the Orlando mini-meet breakfast. Let us know if your info here is wrong, or you don't think you'll make it to one or both of the meets.

TCCoA:

ExecutiveHydra - '95 Thunderbird LX & '97 Thunderbird LE
Bradone - '93 Thunderbird LX
*T-BIRDS281E (AKA: Lincoln-S281E) - '95 Thunderbird LX & '97/'98 Mark VIII LSC (What year is that Mark, Shaun?)
94V8Thunderbird - '94 Thunderbird LX
*Boss102371 - '94 Thunderbird

MarkVIII.org:

jamies97LSC - '98 Mark VIII LSC & '93 Mark VIII
*95prlmarkviii - '95 Mark VIII
*Iszi - '93 Mark VIII
*Asysz - '97 Mark VIII LSC & '94 Mark VIII
Destroyer + Guest - '95 Mark VIII /'98 Mark VIII (Which of your marks are you bringing, or both?) & '04 Mach 1
te1966 - '94 Mark VIII
toymkviii - Unknown Mark VIII

So, that's a total of 12 members from both forums with possibly 17 vehicles +/- for the meet at Howard Park! And that's not even counting other family/friends that might be coming along! For the Orlando mini-meet breakfast I see 5 members, and +/- 7 cars! Sounds like July 1st is going to be the best FL meet we've had in awhile, if not ever!

I'll make another post with some links to maps and stuff, and more details of the whens and wheres to make sure everyone's on the same page.

I think it might also be good for someone to be the primary contact for each event in case people get lost or something on the way. I can take that part for the Orlando group, so if anyone coming to the Orlando mini-meet needs my number please PM me.

'93 Jewel Green
Mark VIII​

#30 ·
i do not recommend eating at an IHOP in orlando or you'll have the bubbleguts from here to tarpon springs

waffle houses are pretty good, and some even take visa/mc now

i'd love to come, but i work weekends, and birdie still down with a broken tail feather

#32 ·
I have a 98 and I have more than one driver for my two cars! and I have one other friend that has a 93 Mark VIII LSC that said He will probably be there! And I don't think I will be able to make the mini meet since I get off work at 130 am and I would have to leave here by 6 to make it there by 8 sorry!

#33 ·
I have a 98 and I have more than one driver for my two cars! and I have one other friend that has a 93 Mark VIII LSC that said He will probably be there! And I don't think I will be able to make the mini meet since I get off work at 130 am and I would have to leave here by 6 to make it there by 8 sorry!

#35 ·
Mike, bring it. It will be fun. Atleast we all know that my car will be the dirtiest one there, being I never have the time to clean it.

#36 ·
Given the lovebugs this time of year, I think we'll all be making the time to clean our cars before we pull into the meet. I remember last year when we had the meet near Vero, the bugs were like rain hitting our cars while we were driving on the turnpike. We had to stop halfway and clean the windshields just so we could see, and again just before arriving at the beach to make our cars look presentable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.