2013 Ford Mustang and Boss 302 nose into LA Convention Center - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-17-2011, 07:29 PM Thread Starter
Road warrior extrodinaire

Super Moderator

Garage
2013 Ford Mustang and Boss 302 nose into LA Convention Center

Filed under: LA Auto Show, Convertible, Coupe, Performance, Ford

Ford has officially unveiled the 2013 Mustang at the 2011 LA Auto Show, complete with its new nose. The design incorporates a more upright, prominent grille with redesigned fenders and a hood to match. Speaking of the hood, GT models feature functional heat extractors to keep the engine bay as cool as possible. That's a good thing considering that the 5.0-liter V8 now produces 420 horsepower in the GT and 444 horsepower in the Boss 302. Inside, drivers can take advantage of the new TrackApp technology to keep an eye on quarter-mile times and the like, and those buyers who opt for the automatic can now select their own gears through a new rocker-switch on the shifter (we still want paddles, guys). There's also a set of trick new LED taillamps out back.

The 2013 Ford Mustang Boss 302, meanwhile, also receives a new hood with heat extractors and a more aggressive front splitter. The Boss also rocks SYNC for the first time, and new reflective hockey-stick graphics are are also available. Boss 302 buyers will also be able to choose a new Parnelli-Jones-approved School Bus Yellow paint scheme. We like it. Expect to see the 2013 Ford Mustang land on dealer lots in the spring of 2012. Hit the jump for the full press releases.Continue reading 2013 Ford Mustang and Boss 302 nose into LA Convention Center

2013 Ford Mustang and Boss 302 nose into LA Convention Center originally appeared on Autoblog on Thu, 17 Nov 2011 16:30:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...

Mods? Yea, I got mods ...
Air silencer delete, warp drive, dilithium crystals, flux capacitor, Slingshot Rubber band power adder, Moonshine & Gas, Leaf Blower Supercharger, Hamster Wheel & Hamster, Energizer Bunny generating 1.21 gigawatts, Mr. FusionŽ Home Energy Reactor, hover conversion and a sextant celestial navigation system (The original GPS)
Best 1/4: 1,320 nanoseconds @ 670,616,629.2 miles per hour

"There isn't that much difference anymore between spacecraft, aircraft and modern automobiles..." - Keith Henry, NASA's Langley Research Center
See a list of my real mods and pictures of my car HERE. The true performance of my car was made possible by the Carolinas Crew Chief, RobertP at Rob's Tire & Auto
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-17-2011, 09:15 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to coggonobrien Send a message via MSN to coggonobrien Send a message via Yahoo to coggonobrien
front end is starting to look like a mustang II
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-17-2011, 09:38 PM
Humble MN12 Genius
Super Moderator

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to XR7-4.6
I liked the old (10/11) GT front end better, in fact that was the only part of the S197 styling I've genuinely liked so far. There's too much of the gaudy GT500 in the new one.

Plus I'm one of the few who think the black rocker and bumper trim on the current models enhanced the look by hiding the fatness. I guess Ford has listened to those who think it should have been body color. Now the car looks even more plump. I hate when I'm right sometimes.

Taillights are interesting. The niteshades fans will like them

-Matt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-17-2011, 09:55 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by coggonobrien View Post
front end is starting to look like a mustang II
Well, that makes sense...just a few more years and it will start to look like a 79 fox body mustang! See, if they would have kept the retro bird around, eventually, it would have evolved back into something similar to an MN12...Say, by 2060 or so.

As for the mustang, will there eventually be a retro verison of the 2005 mustang? It'll be double retro!

2015 Mustang GT Premium / Manual / 3.55 / Recaro

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in